10.19.2008

Cinemanila Day Three: Jampacked Screenings

Today, I have seen three Filipino Films: Adela, Ang Manghuhula and Carnivore. Adela started on time. And I am seven minutes late. Nonetheless, I was able to cope with its story. The film is a tribute to Anita Linda. The director Adolfo Alix is there and one of its casts, Joem Bascon.

Ang Manghuhula is shown an hour late from its suppose screening. The casts are are also present like Chanda Romero, Glaiza de Castro, Emilio Garcia and Pinky Amador.(Star-studded gala night) But I did not see Eula Valdez. They also offered free popcorn, soda, bottled water and even Starbucks Coffee! (I did not get any of their freebies as I might get biased in reviewing the film... haha) Anyway, they also have prizes in the end. Paolo Herras is also there.
.
The last film is Carnivore which is directed by Ato Bautista (started thirty minutes late..) Ato Bautista made a short introduction. Erik Matti is also in the house and some notable directors.
.
Eventhough their ticket prices are costly, many attended the film screenings and I could say that on its third day, Cinemanila is a success!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails